Monday, August 23, 2010

Settling in...

It has been 11 days since I arrived in Oman and I am settling in to the new way of life like a duck to water! I can hardly believe I have never visited the Middle East before because I feel completely at home here.

You would love the scenery. The mountains are magnificent and are the same colour as ham stone found in Somerset. They glow gold in the sun and stand proud against the blue sky. The region of Muscat lies on the North Oman coast of the Gulf of Oman, between the Persian Gulf and the Arabian Sea. Dolphins are often seen jumping out of the water and I'm looking forward to a boat trip when it's not quite so hot.

Talking of boats, the Sultan's School has a sailing club and I have been asked if I'm interested in helping out!!! Of course, I'm jumping at the opportunity... It's a little different to Hayling Island and the Isle of Wight!

Our weekends fall on a Thursday and Saturday, and last Wednesday night I experienced my first ex pat party. The social life is really good and there's always something going on!

Last Thursday five of us visited the Muscat Dive Centre for lunch...

No comments:

Post a Comment